Tuesday 9 June 2009

GRFC


Difficult days for my political party but also for the lads at Castle Grim Estate (this was the original block of land now known as Kingsholm) What is about the rugby soap opera known as GRFC?
A season in 2008/09 that ended up in nightclub scraps,cup final hammering,in/out of contract payers in a mass exodus,falling league position and increasing evidence of a wheelie bin culture is being dragged on still by an ongoing review. Re-arranging the chairs on the Titanic might have been more appropriate, this is the anticipated outcome but lets have an outcome TW. Your leadership has never more being needed, oh and your cash as well.
Whatever the outcome, J and I will be taking in a series of games next season and todays HC draw was very kind and offers the prospect of visiting 2 of the toughest,hardest, roughest environments in the UK.
I was a slow burner with GRFC and my first game was a 1990 semi final victory in Northampton; we will gloss over my second game. As time goes by, the result becomes less important but I still like to win of course. Participation,education,enjoyment seem to be taking over the win at all costs passion of the 90's and early 21st century; why some on Shed Web would look to turn their back completely because they cannot dictate coaching selections suggests a very narrow frame of mind to me.
sa ..

No comments:

Post a Comment