Monday 8 June 2009

Easy As ABC


Tonight sees the start of my bi-annual alphabetic re-arrangement of around 1000 CDs that belong to L and myself. This is a mainly alpha male obession of mine but given I hold about 80% of the stock a worthy one nonetheless. Whether in alphabetic or chronological,as per High Fidelity (top 5 books list that were crap films?) its an uplifting occasion in the M household. And at the very beginning?

Well,I have never followed Sheffield crooners, ABC,despite spending 7 years in the fair city. Instead the worthy suspects of Aerosmith and the Adams boys (Bryan and Ryan) claim the top spots but they have to bow to 80s icon Adam Ant.

Looking through said CD, it took me back to my virgin vinyl days where at the ripe age of 10 I distinctly remember walking to Woolworths on Eastgate Street and purchasing with my some of your finest english green pound notes my first ever 33, Kings of the Wild Frontier.

For those with no knowledge of who I am talking about, Adam Ant cut a dashing, eccentric,pop ideal supreme who could write a song or 2. His latter days under the 1983 Mental Health Act should not diminish his talent and I believe a comeback of sorts with the Kaiser Chiefs is in the offing. Me thinks that says more about them than him

My latter taste in music will of course make up many future blogs but in the interim more pressing concern; 10cc......T or miscellaneous

No comments:

Post a Comment