Thursday 25 June 2009

Glastonbury.Yes.No.Maybe (Not)



This time of the year I find myself torn between the desire to break my Glastonbury duck versus the feeling that common sense has prevailed and I instead view from the luxury of M Towers via the BBC red button facility.


Broadly speaking this year


For: Weather(when good),Springsteen,Doves,Neil Young,Blur,Madness,few beers

Against: Weather (when bad) Standing in a field for 4 days, lack of luxuries,generally surrounded by rough sorts


i think the No's have it, the No's have it.


Not that I am against outdoor venues. In August L and I will be partaking the Millennium for a pop concert by Irish rock band U2. Seats booked.cold beer and toilets on standby, marvellous. This will be my 5th viewing of the 4 piece combo ..2 x Roundhay Park, 1x NEC, 2 x Millennium . Its the last leg of their European Tour and promises a revolutionary 360 degree stage...maybe a revolutionary album should have been higher up the agenda


We are hoping to make a night of it but all Cardiff hotels appear booked...any ideas for the 22nd August appreciated.


Finish with a top 5 concerts attended

1. REM Hyde Park 2005

2.U2 Roundhay 1993

3. Elbow London 2007

4. Seahorses Nottingham 1998

5.Genesis Birmingham 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment