Sunday 19 July 2009

Gloucester Carnival


Fair to say Notting Hill and Rio it wasnt but still a worthy effort by the good people of Glos as the Carnival crawled its way through the fair city of Gloucester yesterday. J and me had a wander down albeit my main purpose was to pick up my Guildhall tickets only to find the box office shut, but more later of that.
A variety of things went before my eyes, probably the highlight is shown . They did range from the sublime to ridiculous but its all the fun of the fair I suppose. My personal low light was the dance troupe who had clearly spent hours on their outfits, choreography and were making a decent fist of it, only to be let down in my opinion by the head instructor at the front gamely hanging onto her box of fish and chips as she called the numbers.
I have seen many a sight on Brunswick Road but I shall take that one to my grave. We left shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment