Saturday 10 October 2009

4 points and very little else


I didnt go and watched via the red button facility which is a beauty in the modern age( more so if you could record it)

I cannot recall the last opening game of the HC I didnt attend..The virgin voyage to Stradey in 2001 with a bull dozing Chris Yates and Jason Little playing his socks off at 10 remain up there in the memory bank; it was a "I was there" day and night.

Really the title says it all. I didnt wait for the stats but so little ball in hand,so much static play and so little urgency until the last 10 minutes until the introduction of Mr Hazell(local lad). An impressive first and only salvo from Jonny May as well , he looks a prospect with young Charlie Sharples.

Those better placed than me need and will comment as to the forward deficiencies. Coaching,confidence,technique will all be up there I am sure. Grasping at straws,missing Narraway,Bortolami,EFS,Tindall,Morgan,Azam,Spencer,Nick Wood is a big ask of a small squad but would they play any better?

IMO, Robinson is a hot and cold player. The return of Spencer,maybe at 12 cannot come soonest but I admire Robinson's committment to the cause if not his first up tackling.

I see another local lad closed out a game last night on a slightly bigger stage.

A trip to Biarritz is next; i doubt if the locals or the local Glos popualtion of badgers will be shaking in their boots but bon yoyage nonetheless 

1 comment: