Monday 21 September 2009

U2@CARDIFF




Ok,quite an old review but one that must be documented. It was a beautiful day but one that at times did have an overwhelming sense of deja vu. However in the days and weeks since,and having given great thought, I have no doubt I would do it all again.
First thing I would say on Lisa and my behalf, is that it is possible that a very large amount of alcohol was consumed that day and it may well have clouded judgement. I am still not taken with Cardiff.Possibly we are shopping in the wrong quarters but its not a stand out city for mine.
So to the concert. The set up was amazing as normal, sound was just standout. We sat upper tier at the back and it was like listening to it in your front room. Genuine excitement built as the Claw started to smoke and Space Oddity echoed out of the 250 feet high speakers announcing the capsule's arrival.
The new songs are excellent live. It has given me new will to go back to the album which upon continual listening to since Cardiff, I would now put up there as the finest album made since Actung Baby; it is that good. The old songs are still good to see, good to hear but one wonders if one's heart was in it this time. It just felt I had been there before. In saying that,massive entertainment value and no doubt if the show passes through a town near me again in 2010,I will be putting my hand in the air for a prime seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment